Answer by Harshit Ladva:
"We cannot change our neighbours , we can change our friends."
~ Rajnath Singh (Minister of Home Affairs) , SAARC meet 2014.
Yes , India's diplomacy and foreign ties have been significantly boosted after Modi bacame the PM of India.
HOW and WHY ? (Modi's new Panchsheel)
- He reflected people's aspirations by putting domestic economic development at top of India's foreign policy.
- Revitalizing ties with neighbor's will go a long way if India aims at becoming a superpower. India needs to play the role of Big Brother of South Asia.
- He connected with political masses of countries like Nepal , Bangladesh and Afghanistan. This helps us in infrastructure outsourcing like hydroelectricity projects. This also creates foreign export market for Indian products.
- Combining political firmness with economic flexibility helps in dealing with adversaries like China and Pakistan.
- He understood the importance of engaging with all the superpowers without any inhibitions. Thus India now benefits from Japan, Russia, USA , Germany, Denmark etc.
- India has now discarded diffidence and made a strong political case for international relations at home and is willing to talk about sensitive issues like Intellectual Property Rights , Climate change and deadlock in global governance.
And when was the last time you saw an Indian rocking the Madison Square ?
Thanks for A2A , anonymous ! Hope I justified !