economy : polity : What-are-the-key-changes-made-by-PM-Narendra-Modi-to-labor-laws-How-will-these-changes-benefit-the-manufacturing-industry-and-ensure-the-safety-of-workers
Answer by Harshit Ladva:
The Campaign under which ULP and UAN are undertaken is called SHRAMEVA JAYATE.
Six Six subsidiary schemes are revamped under the campaign.
- Universal Labour Account Number.
- Online compliance for labor laws.
- Labor inspection system.
- Revamped ITIs.
- Apprenticeship scheme.
- Health Insurance scheme
It is good.
Can be made better if Ministries inter-communicate.
Why is it good ?
- Will encourage ease of doing business.
- Makes law manufacturer – friendly without jeopardizing laborer's welfare.
- Promotes Financial Inclusion – UAN will promote salaries to be paid via bank accounts.
- Promotes Social Security – ULP and UAN will make sure employers register their employees to EPFO ( Employer's Provident Fund Organisation) and ensure retirement benefits to laborers.
- Promotes Social Inclusion – Migratory , casual and unorganized laborer's won't have to give up their benefits and perks from time to time due to nature of their work.