economy : What are the national highways that would be enabled with FASTag by the Indian government? How many of those would be made toll free?
Answer by Jai Parimi:
- Already launched in April 2012 on the 10-km Himalayan Expressway.
- A pilot project for interoperable ETC system of 10 toll plazas between Mumbai (Charoti) and Ahmedabad has already been tested and seamless ETC on this section is in operation.
- Recently inaugurated the ETC on the Delhi-Mumbai stretch of NH-8.
- By December 2015, 350 Electronic Toll Collection(ETC) are planned at all national highways across India.
- None of them would be toll free if enabled with FASTag. The primary purpose of FASTag is to collect toll.
For more details, see